Makers Central 2021
Makers Central 2021 – Postponement
Following the latest government announcement that restrictions were not going to be lifted as planned on 21st June 2021, we have had to make the difficult decision to postpone the show for what we hope is one last time.
Current restrictions mean that our visitor numbers are capped at roughly a third of our hall’s usual capacity. With the government unable to confirm that all restrictions will be lifted on 19th July 2021, we have absolutely no way of knowing whether our visitor figure will be able to increase the closer we get to the show. This means that the experience for exhibitors and visitors will not be as good as we would want or expect it to be.
We would usually begin marketing in earnest four weeks out from the show and normally sell the majority of our tickets and stand spaces during that time. We feel it makes more sense to postpone this marketing until our visitor numbers are allowed to increase.
As things stand, we would have to stop selling tickets very soon to remain under our current cap on visitor numbers. If we were able to begin selling tickets again on 19th July, we would only have 3 weeks to sell the additional tickets, which we couldn’t guarantee doing in that time.
We have had numerous discussions with many of our visitors, exhibitors, and sponsors over the past couple of weeks, and the general consensus seems to be that people would prefer we postpone the show again. A lot of people have concerns around the safety of the event and while we have planned to take every precaution necessary, it is still impacting on people’s confidence in the show. We also have a few exhibitors that we know are a big pull for our visitors, who are unable to attend the August dates.
With the uncertainty surrounding travel restrictions, we cannot guarantee all the makers due to attend will be able to do so. We have had confirmations from the majority of them that they will attend if it is possible for them to do so, but nobody can guarantee that with the current travel restrictions in place. If for example the USA remains on the amber list, it will not be viable for makers from there to travel to the UK and have to isolate for 10 days before the show.
We wish we could guarantee that everything will be ok by 7th August, but we just can’t make any promises. We are in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to knowing what is happening, and it is extremely frustrating.
The events industry has been one of the hardest hit by the pandemic and we hope people will remain on board with us and understand our reasons behind this postponement.
We would love to be able to wait a few more weeks to see how the situation develops, but if we wait any longer, we run the risk of not leaving enough time for people to cancel or change their travel and accommodation plans.
The vast majority of people we have spoken to would prefer we move the show back to its May slot and work towards a great May 2022 show.
With all of this in mind, we are looking to move the show to the 30th April – 1st May 2022 and your original tickets will remain valid, so you don’t need to do anything. If you can’t make the new dates for Makers Central 2022, tickets are transferable to any future Makers Central shows. If we don’t hear from you by Monday 12th July 2021, we will assume you can make the rescheduled dates.
If you have paid a deposit for a stand space, please don’t worry, this will also be transferred to the new dates.
Here’s to hoping that the world will be a much safer place by May 2022 and that we can all meet to enjoy Makers Central at its very best.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of this with a member of the team, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email on email@example.com or by phone on 01794 339899.
Take care everyone and stay safe.
The Makers Central Team